RBN Construction & Roofing is a leading Residential Roof Replacement company as well as a general contractor. This is great for you as a consumer because it means that you are working with a company that is strong, local, and has a long-term history of high quality roof installation at a fair price. In fact, some of our customers have had us replace their roofs several times as a result of moving, multiple properties, or storm damage.
If you believe your roof needs to be repaired or replaced, call us for a Free Roof Analysis and Estimate for professional advice on your roof system. There’s no obligation, so call us at (972) 505-2800 today.
FINDING A GOOD CONTRACTOR
When it comes time to begin searching for a roofing contractor, homeowners should keep a few things in mind so that they are both educated and prepared for the process. We are confident that the more educated you are about finding a good roofing contractor, the more likely it is that you will choose RBN for your roofing needs.
For your protection as a homeowner it is important to do three things: check the reputation, stability, and workmanship of a company. This is important because “Over 1.1 million complaints and lawsuits were filed against contractors last year alone, up 62%”.
Therefore, when it comes time to choose a contractor for your roof replacement or repair needs, you should follow these guidelines so you can be sure you pick a contractor who will do the job properly.
1. Make sure the roofing contractor has a General Liability Insurance Certificate, as opposed to being “Self-Insured”. A good-sized contractor will have an insurance certificate that is no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence. Additionally, a contractor will typically have about $2,000,000 of aggregate coverage. This insurance certificate will protect homeowners against losses, but over three-fourths of roofing companies do not carry proper insurance coverage to do so. RBN currently carries a $4,000,000 General Liability Insurance policy, which means you will be well protected.
2. Check for a Release of Lien. A lien release should be provided by all roofing contractors before homeowners make their final payment. It is also important for the material suppliers and sub contractors to provide these releases. You can be sure that RBN will provide a Release of Lien when you make your final payment.
3. Ensure you have a proper Texas Legal Contract. All Home Improvement Contracts shoul contain the following basic pieces: start and completion dates, Notice to Owners, Mechanics Lien Law rights, 2 day right of rescission, and a specific job description. When you work with RBN, you will be provided with a clear contract that will define both our services as well as your rights as a homeowner.
4. Review the contractor’s current references. A reputable roofing contract should be able to provide their potential clients with a pre-printed list of references. A responsible homeowner should also ask for suppliers, business references, and more. RBN not only has elite status as an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor but was also given an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. RBN will be happy to provide you with references.
5. Remember that there are no circumstance under which you should give cash up front. Texas law states that a deposit of 10% up to $1,000 is legal, however you should be aware that a truly reputable roofing contractor will not require any cash up front on a roofing job. You must be wary of contractors who claim to need payment in full up front, especially if you are using standard wood, composition, or tile shingles for your roofing job. This is the most common type of fraud among the roofing contractor industry. These signs indicate that a company is struggling and will likely fail, which means they will not be able to provide any kind of long-term warranty.
6. Determine whether the contractor belongs to a trade association. Trade Association Certificates of Standing implies that a contractor does quality work and maintains ethical integrity. These associations include the National Roofing Contractor Association and Better Business Bureau. RBN is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and has also been a long-term member of the National Roofing Contractors Association.
7. It is important to use only roofing contractors who are Manufacturer Certified Companies.This will guarantee that homeowners receive their full manufacturer’s warranty. RBN has been certified by every major manufacturer of residential roofing products.
8. Jobsite Management and Quality Control. A quality roofing company will have a project manager who will work with homeowners throughout the whole process. They should be with the homeowners from the estimation through the whole project until the final inspection to ensure the project was done correctly. A project manager is important because he or she will be your communication channel throughout the project. They will make sure you receive what you paid for and that your roof is installed with integrity. At RBN, a project manager is assigned to each project to ensure every component of the job is done to meet our high standards.
9. Look for a strong internet presence. Online sites such as Yelp and Angie’s list display consumer reviews. All companies should have reviews posted on these sites. It is important to pay attention to the reviews because they provide honest testimonials of a company’s performance. For years, RBN has been providing excellent service featuring the highest quality products in the roofing industry. Each year, RBN receives loud praises from happy, satisfied customers that choose to comment in our testimonials. These can be seen online on Angie’s List and through annual reader surveys provided by regional publications.
We hope this list helped you gain insight into what it takes to find a roofing contractor for your next roofing project. One last thing to remember: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. When it comes to roofing, you always get what you pay for!
To learn more about what sets RBN apart, contact us today!